In 1924, Mr. Franz Sandner established his own company in Germany, After the Second World War, most musical instrument factories moved to Nauheim, which near the Frankfurt suburb due to the border redrawn between Germany and Czech Republic. Since then, the company continue improving their excelsior manufacturing technique and provide the fine instrument to the world.
The third generation Dietmar Schuh led the company in 1980s. And in 90's the company decided to establish their own product line in China. In 2004, Chinese factory was set up in Shanghai, China.